‘I kissed the girls because I wanted to show my appreciation to them’ – Anglican ‘Holy Kiss’ Priest explains in apology letter

‘I kissed the girls because I wanted to show my appreciation to them’ – Anglican ‘Holy Kiss’ Priest explains in apology letter

TT
0

 

The Anglican priest who kissed three female students of the St Monica’s College of Education in Mampong, in the Ashanti Region, Rev. Fr Baltharzzar Obeng Larbi, has tendered his profuse apology in a new development. 



According to him, it was supposed to be an act of appreciation to students who distinguished themselves.

He however added that any attempt to add a “human face” to the appreciation resulted in the incident which he is sorry for.

“I pray for forgiveness from all and sundry and plead that you hold me in your prayers during these trying times. May God bless us all,” the statement said.

He admitted that his actions were wrong and said he should have acted differently “even in the absence of COVID-19”.

“I seemed to have taken a number of things for granted. I did not think my behaviour through,” the statement added.

Rev. Fr Larbi, who was the chaplain of the college, has accordingly apologized to the Anglican Church, his Archbishop, the affected students, the entire college, and the general public.


Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
Post a Comment (0)
To Top